Our specialty resides with designing, planning & preparing, scheduling everything that is needed for remodel project prior to going under construction. Where the traditional contractor can have you under construction for 3 to 6 months, we have you under construction for 4-6 weeks depending on the project scope.
- Bid (Fixed Bid)
- Planning: Plan / Procure / Schedule
Here is what to expect:
What you would like to invest? Does the scope of work and budget / investment align? We are not going to sugar coat this, we will have a real discussion about actual costs. If investment and scope of work align, we then will set a second appointment.
Prior to our third meeting, our team works on finalizing your bid!
Once all the details are finalized, we do an official Planning Measure!
On our end…
Project procurement / scheduling / coordination begins!
Typically 2 months prior to job start, all sub specialties have been confirmed to our day by day schedule.
Day 1 construction: Home / dust protection & project walk thru with your Project manager.
You will have a dedicated project manager who oversee all aspects of your project on a daily basis.
As your designer / and owner of NOR I will continue to check in on your project throughout construction.
- How are payments structured?
- How long am I under construction?
- Are Permits needed?
- Do I need to be home during the remodel?
- You make progress payments on your project throughout the project.
- There is a deposit to get everything started.
- There is a payment at Planning Measure
- There is a start payment
- And a payment on completion.
Where the traditional contractor can have you under construction for 3 to 6 months, we have you under
construction for 4-6 weeks depending on the project scope.
It depends on the project scope. If we are doing any electrical, plumbing, mechanical or structural work, the answer is yes. This type of work is performed by a licensed professional.
- The short answer is no, but there are a few times that we will want you to be available (for walkthru when we start, on template day for the countertops, and on the final walkthrough the last day of your project).
- We provide a lock box for the front door for access during your remodel.
With 15 years of industry experience, NOR was founded to focus on providing honest solutions to homeowners and create beautiful spaces they love. With industry best practices and standard project planning principles, we can give our clients quality work, a better experience, and a better value. We are a design-build firm with a boutique feel for homeowners in the Seattle area.
Contractor License Number: #NORDEDC81203